5/25/11

What drugs are given to someone with a brain tumor to reduce intracranial pressure when flying?


What drugs are given to someone with a brain tumor to reduce intracranial pressure when flying?I am due to go on holiday soon and have been diagnosed with a tumor behind my eye. My friend is extremely worried and has done some research and has told me i cant fly. However, ive asked my consultant who has said he will give me medication that will reduce intracranial pressure when im flying but hasnt told me what. can someone help me here so i can reassure my friend as he wants to read up on these medications well before i fly.

Answer by Memere RN/BA
Is this consultant a doctor? If I had a tumor, there's isn't enough medication in this world that would make me comfortable enough to fly. Do you have any idea how pressure from flights will react on you? To be honest, no. I don't even know or heard of any drug that can do this. I'm sure there has to be but since I know of no one, and didn't ever study about this drug, there must be one, I still wouldn't chance it. A friend of ours had an impacted tooth removed and he was going to fly home to Florida. His doctor told him he could no because the pressure of flight would cause a lot of bleeding in his gums. No medication for that. He took a 24 hr train ride back to Florida from Massachusetts. You do the math. Good luck

Add your own answer in the comments! Information about multiple myeloma and other plasma cell neoplasms.


Orignal From: What drugs are given to someone with a brain tumor to reduce intracranial pressure when flying?

No comments:

Post a Comment