5/8/11

How long can a rat live if it has a tumor?


How long can a rat live if it has a tumor?I've recently discovered a tumor under my rat's arm. It is a benign mammary tumor. I don't plan to surgically remove it. So I want to know how much time I have with my rat before she is no longer enjoying life?
my rat is 15 months old

Answer by Debi
They can live a long time with tumours but the tumour will keep growing and reduce her mobility, probably best to have it removed.

Answer by Spartan Total Warrior
benign tumor wont hurt him much except if its grow too large also depend on how big it is? Spartan

Answer by princess1226
honestly rats do not have that long of a life span in the first place. your looking at three years for a completely healthy rat. with the tumor I have no idea? it depends on how bad it is and if it will get worse or go away.

Answer by ericams85
it will probablly live a normal life span which is only about 3-4 years. i'm sure he will be fine and live a nice happy life:)

Answer by pamnation14
I had a rat that got a benign tumor under her arm it grew really fast and I wished I had gotten it removed. It grew to be as big as she was,(no lie) she had a stroke and it was a horrible ugly, sad thing to see. I felt so sorry for her, please please get it removed while it's small.

What do you think? Answer below! Information about multiple myeloma and other plasma cell neoplasms.


Orignal From: How long can a rat live if it has a tumor?

No comments:

Post a Comment